Monday, February 20, 2006

Reviving I2R

It is unfortunate, but within the last few months, I have lost track of I2R. This isn't because I lost interest (the research is still going strong!), but because of a lack of time. I am currently working on three research projects, and all are going well. I'm going to revive this blog to post my thoughts and fun things I run into as I research.

To give you an idea of what I'm working on, here are the three projects:
  • Social Network Analysis: I originally learned about this while writing about the Al Qaeda network and how it may be targeted (articles at i2r.org). I'm continuing this work, albeit in a much more civilian setting, in Toronto, at the University of Toronto's NetLab.
  • Neural Networks and Stock Market Prediction: an exploration of how two types of neural networks may be used to predict stock market conditions in the consumer staple and consumer retail industries.
  • Open Source Software for Developing Media: a much more applied technical project that focuses on using open source software to help make newspapers, websites, and other forms of media in the developing world, called the Article 13 Initiative (A13I).
That's what I'm working on. Come back often to learn more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home