Sunday, January 30, 2005

Welcome

The Initiative for Interdisciplinary Research (I2R) is a project I've been trying to start for a few months now. Originally a mentorship program for high school and university students and available at http://www.i2r.org, the site and program is going through an identity crisis. I set a goal of having a complete business plan for I2R by August 31, 2005, and this blog will be where I post research, thoughts, and brainstorms.

While I do not know much about what I2R will be, I'd like it to be either a business or some sort of institute or laboratory. Either way, it will deal with promoting interdisciplinary approaches to today's problems - by fusing mathematics and computer science with the social sciences, it will be possible to learn more about people and humanity, and help the world become a better place.

That's all for now, but I hope to update this page regularly with articles, ideas, and so on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home